Kentuckiana Kooiker Cluster Registration (deadline February 28)
The Kentuckiana Cluster at the Kentucky Fair and Exposition Center in Louisville will be the backdrop for the Kooiker Coming Out Party. To celebrate our full recognition by the AKC and entry into the Sporting Group, KCUSA is planning a fun-filled weekend for Kooiker owners of all types. March 15–18 will be filled with KCUSA events—for Kooiker owners who like to socialize with other owners and maybe learn more about competition options that help make our dogs so versatile—as well as official events for show participants.
FUN!! Official Show Events
The AKC event includes official Conformation, Agility, Rally, Obedience, Barn Hunt, and Dock Diving along with vendors, clinics, and demos. For more info, check out the website at http://www.thekentuckianaclusterofdogshows.org
MORE FUN!! KCUSA Events
All events will be at the Exposition Center with the show (exact times may be determined based on show event schedules).
Thursday, March 15
- Welcome Reception and Annual Meeting – A great opportunity to meet the other attendees and learn more about the club accomplishments and ongoing plans for 2018. Snacks provided.
Friday, March 16
- Health, Genetics and Breeding Seminars – Every breed has to be vigilant to make sure hereditary issues do not become a problem. Von Willebrand is only one of the issues that Kooikers are prone to. Learn more about how to best protect our breed in your own breeding program. This is a great learning opportunity for every Kooiker lover.
- Happy Yappy Hour – Casual dinner to mingle and watch demos in a variety of performance events like obedience, free-style, and others. Includes an opportunity for anyone to try hands-on events with their own dogs.
Saturday, March 17
- KCUSA “Designated Specialty” – The conformation show on this day has been designated by KCUSA as our “Specialty.” Winners will receive special trophies at ring side and will be celebrated at the evening’s Showcase.
- Kooiker Showcase Dinner – Celebration dinner to salute the dogs in both performance and conformation events who helped bring our Kooiker breed out to the AKC community. Special awards will be presented to the Top 10 Performance and Conformation Dogs. 2017 Versatility Award winners will be honored. In addition, the KCUSA Kentuckiana Performance competition winners will be honored.
Sunday, March 18
- KCUSA Supported Entry – The conformation show on this day is supported by KCUSA members and friends with special trophies to be presented ringside.
To Be Scheduled Friday/Saturday/Sunday
- Canine Good Citizen Testing – Our own Susan Jackson is a qualified CGC tester so this will be an opportunity to test your own Kooiker and add some title letters after your dog’s name.
- Trick Dog Testing – The AKC has a new title for tricks. If your dog can sit on command, this might be an option for you. Try it!!
Special awards will be presented at Saturday’s Showcase dinner to the winners of KCUSA’s performance competitions:
- Agility: Kooikers competing in Thursday’s show agility events
- Rally/Obedience: Kooikers competing in Friday’s rally and obedience events
- Hexathalete: Kooiker who qualifies in the most events Thursday to Saturday. Entry is on the KCUSA Registration form.
- Kapable Kooiker: Kooiker who attempts the most events Thursday to Saturday. Entry is on the KCUSA Registration form.
You don’t need to be in Kentucky to participate. Check out the fun items available at the Kooiker Auction on Facebook. Note the auction closes mid-February.
What do you need to do??
- Show entries: InfoDog.com has the official show information and entry forms. Please note that the show closes February 28.
- KCUSA events: Please complete the Kentuckiana Kooiker Cluster Registration and email to Jennifer Methlie at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than February 28 so we know who will be attending.
- Hotels: The show premium list on InfoDog.com will list hotels in the area. Or check out BringFido.com for additional options.
- Non-Show Activities: Louisville offers a number of other options for visitors. Check out Louisville_Fun for more info
- More info: Check out the Events Facebook site at KCUSA 1st Sporting Group Annual Event. Or email Co-Chairs Jennifer Methlie (Jmethlie@comcast.net) or Stephanie Lowe (email@example.com)