The mission of the Breeding Committee is to benefit the future of the Nederlandse Kooikerhondje by providing informational resources and educational support to all Kooikerhondje Club of the USA members interested in breeding the Nederlandse Kooikerhondje. Committee goals are: to promote knowledge of and breeding to the AKC-approved breed standard; to promote quality and integrity in all aspects and issues regarding breeding, care, rearing, placement and continuing breeder responsibility to the purebred Nederlandse Kooikerhondje; and to promote open communication in regard to continuing development and support for more informed, responsible, committed and ethical breeding practices.
- To encourage participation in KCUSA health testing recommendations and participation in the Health and Litter Database by providing information to the VHNK through the Breeding Committee.
- To develop and provide programs for breeder development and education to assist KCUSA members in understanding breeder responsibilities, ethics, and issues.
- To promote educational development and more informed breeding choices by supporting study of the AKC-approved Nederlandse Kooikerhondje standard, pedigrees, health, and temperament issues.
- To develop and maintain Breeder Referral materials including a list of KCUSA breeders, a list of upcoming litters, and a list of stud dogs for dissemination to Breeder Referral inquiries as well as for the KCUSA website.
- To offer informational resources regarding the breeding of the Nederlandse Kooikerhondje for KCUSA members; to always foster an open, non-judgmental, and unbiased dialogue among breeders, the committee and the board that encourages member growth, participation and information dissemination to those members interested in breeding.
- To provide, coordinate and host an annual breeder educational conference at the KCUSA National Specialty. Topics will benefit both the novice and experienced breeder.
- To continually update and maintain educational information for the KCUSA membership with the inclusion of Kooiker Chronicle articles, a page on the KCUSA website, and provide additional informational resource materials as needed to benefit novice and experienced breeders alike.
Sheryl Fuller, chair
To contact the Committee please send email to: firstname.lastname@example.org